Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Class 09 Syllabus
Life Sciences Sector is a key futuristic sector globally comprising of Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Devices. The Indian life-sciences sector as world 3rd largest global player and with large Indian and MNC companies along with several medium and small companies together comprising of approximately 8000 active companies has seen a growth at 8 percent CAGR over the last 5 years and continue to have double digit growth projections for next five years.
Sector is currently employing 10 Lacs workforce and despite of COVID-19 pandemic impact, is expected to create 6.3 Lacs new opportunities till 2026 in an optimal growth scenario.
|1||About Life Sciences Industry and Opportunities in Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology||4|
|2||Hygiene, cleaning and sanitization at workplace as well in class & laboratory||8|
|3||Environment sustainable best practices||8|
|4||Fundamentals of Environment, Health and Safety rules and best practices||8|
|5||Data integrity at workplace and Good Documentation Practices||8|
|6||Sensitivity with Gender Culture and People with Disability||4|
Unit 1: About Life Sciences Industry and Opportunities in Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology
1. Understanding the Life Sciences Industry
- Define life sciences and explain its importance in society.
- Explain life sciences industry according to global and Indian context
- Identify the different sectors within the life sciences industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
- Identify major components of the pharmaceutical industry
2. Progression Opportunities
- Overview of various career paths and higher education paths in the life sciences (pharmaceutical and biotechnology) field.
- Educational requirements and skills needed for different roles.
Unit 2: Hygiene, cleaning and sanitization at workplace as well in class & laboratory
1. Understand hygiene, cleaning, and sanitization in the workplace
- Understanding the impact of cleanliness on health, well-being, and productivity in the workplace.
- Exploring the consequences of poor hygiene and sanitation practices.
2. Personal Hygiene in the Workplace
- Establishing habits for maintaining personal cleanliness and preventing the spread of germs.
- Exploring different cleaning methods, tools, and products for specific purposes.
3. Waste Management and Disposal
- Importance of proper waste management in maintaining cleanliness and preventing hazards.
4. Maintaining Cleanliness and Hygiene in the Workplace
- Establishing routine cleaning schedules and responsibilities.
- Promoting cleanliness and hygiene awareness among colleagues.
Unit 3: Environment sustainable best practices
1. Introduction to Environmental Sustainability
- Explain the concept and importance of environmental sustainability and its significance.
- Explain the interdependence between human activities and the environment
- Describe the possible actions to optimize energy consumption and minimize the energy wastage.
2. Biodiversity Conservation and waste management
- Understanding the importance of biodiversity in maintaining ecosystem balance.
- Describe the possible actions to minimize environmental pollution at work.
- Importance of proper waste management to minimize environmental pollution.
Unit 4: Fundamentals of Environment, Health and Safety rules and best practices
1. Introduction to Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
- Understanding the importance of EHS in protecting human health and the environment.
- Exploring the relationship between human activities and their impact on EHS.
2. Environmental Hazards and Risks
- Identifying common environmental hazards, such as air pollution, water contamination, and hazardous waste.
- Understanding the health risks associated with exposure to environmental hazards.
- Recognizing the importance of risk assessment and management in EHS.
Unit 5: Data integrity at workplace and Good Documentation Practices
1. Introduction to data integrity
- Elaborate on what is data integrity and its importance in pharma and biotech industry
- Discuss strategies on assessing data integrity at workplace
- Explain metadata and risk management
2. Describe ALCOA principles for maintaining data integrity
- Discuss ALCOA principles of data integrity
- Discuss ALCOA PLUS principles
- Discuss GDP in life sciences sector
- Discuss how to maintain document files and records in line to ALCOA PLUS principles
Unit 6: Sensitivity with Gender Culture and People with Disability
1. Gender Sensitivity, Cultural Sensitivity and Diversity
- Discuss the concept of gender, diversity of cultures and its social construction.
- Recognizing gender stereotypes and their impact on individuals.
2. Explain the importance of sensitivity towards people with disability.
- Explain the need for sensitivity towards people with disabilities.
- Explain the correct ways of communication and collaboration with people with disabilities in compliance with the legal framework.
- Identify stereotypes and prejudices associated with people with disabilities and their negative consequences.